Tuesday 7 June 2011

Sun, Speed and Smiles


32 drivers enjoyed the challenge of a slalom event at the Pitt Meadows Driving Centre on a sunny Saturday.  In addition to Corvettes, we had Porsche’s, Miata’s, Volkswagen’s, and even a Ford Focus which was sporting a large set of slick tires.  Some of our dedicated club members worked to make this event a fun and safe exercise for all attending.   Leslie Shelby, Gillian Heyes, Sue Williams, and Rosalie Sinden coordinated the timing process.  Brad Shelby did a tech inspection to ensure all cars were safe, and Don Williams, Ted Taylor and Stewart Heyes coordinated incoming traffic and parking arrangements.  There were a variety of other tasks that were handled by all in attendance  in order to smoothly move the event along.
Believe it or not, the fastest time was set by a Miata (slicks and modified suspension components help).  But there were lots of fast Corvettes, represented by our members Krista McAlduff, Paul McAlduff, Nigel Wheway, Patrick Tran, Brad Shelby, Ed Painter, David Mitten, Ken Butcher, Blair Degenstein, Marj Bowen, and of course myself, Vic Nightscales.  Next event is July 30 at Pitt Meadows, and I would like to see all members bring their Corvettes and experience the real thrill of Corvette ownership.  

- Vic

1 comment:

  1. D'oh! I can't believe I missed this! I got my dates messed up and thought the auto-X was at the *end* of the month. I'm just a little p***ed off at myself!

    ReplyDelete