Monday 11 July 2011

Gotta Love the Waterfront Show 'n' Shine!

It's not your standard show, simply because of the setting. There's no asphalt, there's no mall, there's no nearby road with traffic whizzing by.

Instead, there's green grass, blue water, amazing skyline; and for those so inclined, Elvis singing at the next door Quay.

And of course beautiful cars and amazing people - which is the only constant at all of our shows.

Waterfront was another massive success, with dozens of cars (I don't have the official count, but I'd guess 70 or so) parked out in front of the water in the beautiful weather.

Yes, you heard that right - beautiful weather! It seems a rarity these days.

Sue and Don and their troupe of dedicated volunteers once again did a great job organizing the event, with Sue (probably) doing all the work and Don arranging for the sun. Our thanks goes out to them!

Don (or Sue, probably) will give us an update, including the list of winners for 2011. All I know is that my LT-1 came in second, once again beat out by Marj's 70 big block. I'm just glad that Ray and Meredith arrived late in their 69 convertible (and it's red, no less), else I don't think I'd have gotten my grubby little paws on one of those snazzy plaques.

No comments:

Post a Comment